Key Learning Outcomes:
- Correct and safe body alignment
- Cohesive correct proprioceptive alignment (muscle memory)
- Increased depth in back bends and leg flexibility
- Increased stability in extensions and floor work
- Students will have the opportunity to sit for their beginner level ballet grades and medals 🥇 🥇.
Contortion alignment has some hybrid elements of ballet and gymnastics in which similar postures are aligned in the body completely differently.
It’s really important that not only the alignment is correct but the foundational elements for the technique is mechanically possible. For instance, no one should be performing a lumbar back bend if their pelvis is not completely straight.
The class format will be predominantly, ballet, gymnastics, yoga, pre-habilitation and pilates based strength and conditioning and alignment drills.
Let me know what times work best for you and I will do my best to accommodate everyone.